Friday, February 4, 2011

Attention: Ice Storm In Houston Area





As you can see from the pictures above...Houston has had an ICE STORM! All the schools are closed, the roads are closed...even my husband's company has shut down for the day. I'm so glad that I have prepared for this kind of disaster...we have plenty of nonperishable items and bottled water.



HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HTML scrolling text



From the pictures, I hope that you know I am joking! Even though I was raised in Texas, my family and I had to move to St. Louis, MO for 12 years. I can't believe how people freak out over a little bit of frozen precipitation. However, giving credit where credit is due...the city of Houston is in no way prepared for frozen precipitation of any kind.

I just wonder what would happen if something like this happened in the Houston area:





I don't think anyone would even get out of bed!

2 comments:

  1. I live in Reno, NV and we normally get snow in the winter and freezing temps. However, this winter we have had little snow it seems. Two months ago I bought some very expensive snow boots thinking I would be wearing them a lot. Really, I have only worn them once for about 5 minutes. I hear a lot of people talking about the snow storms going on in the East Coast but over here in the West it is sunny. I hope Houston never suffers a "real" snow storm. The whole city might shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our schools closed for 3 days (some 4) and we have 3-4 foot snow drifts in our yard. Our mailboxes have snow piled 5+ feet high from our snow plows and many of our roads still have not been cleared all the way. I have never seen a storm like the one that blew through! It was amazing to see!!

    Hope you warm up soon :}

    ReplyDelete